What is RYLA?
RYLA is a 3-day leadership training opportunity that focuses on the personal and professional development of high school students. Leadership skills, concepts and metaphors are explored through participatory outdoor-based activities that include trust building and relationship exercises, problem-solving initiatives, and low and high challenge course experiences.
When and where does it take place?
RYLA takes place at Camp Manito-wish YMCA in Boulder Junction, WI. RYLA 2022 will be held from Friday September 30th, thru Sunday October 2nd.
Why does it exist?
Participants, the leaders of tomorrow, deserve the opportunity to be exposed to the principles of leadership that are learned not inherited. RYLA provides an enjoyable and valuable experience for those who meet the challenge to lead from their hearts. This conference is dedicated to helping individuals be the very best they can be, to leave after only three days feeling refreshed and driven to have a positive impact on the world.
The purpose of RYLA is to:
- Encourage, assist and train selected youth leaders in leadership – to help them realize their potential and how powerful and impactful they can be.
- Publicly recognize the commendable qualities of the many young people who are already starting their journeys in making a difference in the world around them.
- Demonstrate Rotary’s investment, respect, and concern for youth.
At RYLA, participants will:
- Learn and practice the fundamentals of collaborative leadership
- Understand the importance of heart felt communication
- Build confidence (in self and others) and self-esteem
- Practice problem solving and conflict management
- Examine the ethics of positive leadership
- Transfer leadership skills and create an action plan for their future
RYLA Registration Form:
After you’ve been selected by a Rotary Club, register for this year’s RYLA on Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/322016017577
The registration form opens in March and closes the week before RYLA. If you are under age 18 you will need to have a parent or guardian with you for consent and for health questions and insurance information.
Club Commitment Form:
To reserve spots in this year’s RYLA have your Club Contacts fill out the commitment for letting us know how many participants your club plans on sponsoring. This includes all student participants and any Rotarian Participants you are sending. We ask that you fill out your Club Commitment Form prior to August 15th to help your committee plan! Commitment form open all year.
Student Facilitator Application:
After you have participated in RYLA apply to return as a Facilitator to lead a group at RYLA! Form opens in December and closes in January.
Super Facilitator Application:
After a student facilitation role apply to be a SUPER Facilitator and lead our leaders! Form opens in December and closes in January.
- Participant Interest Form
- Sample Interview Questions for Clubs (Coming Soon)
For More Information or For Any Questions You Have Please Contact Us At: RYLA6220@gmail.com