District Governor Nominations for 2022-2023
DUE DATE: December 15, 2019
Nomination Period for District Governor 2022-23 Now Open
The nomination period has begun for District Governor for the Rotary Year of 2022-2023. All clubs are encouraged to submit their nominations for an individual who will serve as District Governor during the 2022-2023 Rotary year. All suggestions for District Governor Nominee-Designate must be received no later than Friday, December 15, 2019 at 5:00pm to be considered. No late submissions will be accepted.
Rotary District 6220 Nominating Committee E10405 County Rd. I
Clintonville, WI 54929
District Governor-Nominee Forms — Candidates proposed by their clubs for selection as District Governor Designate should complete the following three (3) forms and forward to the District Governor/Nominating Committee as prescribed by the District Governor
- Rotary International Governor-Nominee Form — Rotary International Form to be Completed by theCandidates and Club
- Governor Nominee Background Form — Local District Form to be Completed by the Candidate to provideadditional background information to the Nominating Committee
- Club Resolution — Club Resolution adopted at a regular meeting of the club, naming the suggestedcandidate. The Club President and Secretary shall certify the resolution. A Club may suggest only one of itsown members as a candidate for District Governor Nominee
The Bylaws of Rotary International, Article 16.080 states, “a governor at the time of taking office must have attended the International Assembly for its full duration, been a member of one or more Rotary clubs for at least seven years and must continue to possess the qualifications in section 16.070.” These include:
- A member in good standing of a club in the District.
- The Rotarian must have full qualification for such membership in the strict application of the provisionsthereof, and the integrity of the Rotarian’s classification must be without question.
- The Rotarian must have served as president of a club for a full term or be a charter president of a clubhaving served the full term from the date of charter to 30 June, provided that this period is at least sixmonths.
- The Rotarian must demonstrate willingness, commitment, and ability, physically and otherwise, to fulfill theduties and responsibilities of the office of governor as provided in section 16.090.
- The Rotarian must demonstrate knowledge of the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of governor asprescribed in the bylaws and submit to RI, through its general secretary, a signed statement that theRotarian understands clearly such qualifications, duties, and responsibilities. Such statement shall alsoconfirm that the Rotarian is qualified for the office of governor and willing and able to assume the duties andresponsibilities of that office and to perform them faithfully.
Interviews of the District Governor Nominee, who would serve as District Governor during the Rotary year, 1 July 2022 – 30 June 2023, will take place on a date to be determined in January, 2020. Individual candidates will be contacted prior with the location and to coordinate their interview time.
Should there be any questions on the duties, obligations, and rewards of being a District Governor, please feel free to contact Steve Handrick, District Governor, or any Past District Governor, who would be happy to speak with any prospective candidate personally prior to their nomination being submitted.